Tech Support - Content Management
How To Use Your WebSight Design Content Management System (CMS):
- Type the text into the editor box.
- Highlight the text that you want to be the actual link.
- Click the "Insert/Edit Link" icon at the top of the editor box (the globe with the chain link) which will open the link editor.
- Leave the type as "URL" (default setting).
- Leave the protocol as "http" (default setting).
- Enter the full web address to the location where you want the link to go, such as www.websightdesign.com.
- Click the "Target" tab in the top of the link editor box.
- Click the "Target" dropdown item.
- Choose New Window (blank).
- Leave the "Target Frame Name" field blank.
- Click OK.
[ Top ]
- Click your right mouse button on the link in the main editor box
- Choose "Edit Link".
- This will open the link editor window and you can change info as needed. Please refer to the "How to Make a Link" a Link section (above) if you need assistance with the options available in this window.
[ Top ]
- Highlight the link that you want to delete.
- Click the "Remove Link" icon at the top of the editor box (the globe with the broken chain link next to the "Insert/Edit Link" icon) which will remove the link.
- Delete the text with your backspace or delete key.
[ Top ]
This instruction page is for WebSight Design clients who have been provided with a web based content management system for maintaining your web site.
If you have such a system, the above step-by-step instructions only apply if the text editor(s) provided to you for adding and modifying text on your site are "wysiwyg" (What You See Is What You Get) editors.